Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Well, that went not so well....


Hi, here I am again after a really, really long time away from bloggerland. I can't believe I've been away since March.

As you can guess I suspect, I have not been alcohol-free for all of the time that has passed. However, I am improving and have started to run more which means that I drink less because running with a hangover is not a) a good idea physically and b) a good feeling. I have run the Race for Life this year and also Nev and I ran the Mo'Run in "Movember" which was a great laugh despite the hypothermic conditions. We both looked very dashing with our curly moustaches (drawn on with black yeliner, of course!).  I also "ran" my first 10km just around the local nature reserve...it took me an hour which I thought was okay. I ran 1km then walked 1 minute to get round it and am hoping to start doing this once a week to try to build my stamina and improve my time. Next year we are entering a 10km race so I need to get going!

So, alcohol.....a bit too much last night and a little bit the night before so I am most definitely not going down that route again tonight. Anyway, I am going to be running in the morning so I need a clear head and a lively body....not always a given with my creaky old body first thing in the morning, I can tell you!

Just looking back at my old posts, I see that I told you I had registered for my Masters degree. Bad news on that front....the cost was just too high and I can't get any more hours at work (or a different and better job) unfortunately so I have had to put that on the back burner for now. I have, however, started a free online course in philosophy on a brilliant website called Coursera. Check it out, its really cool and a great way to keep the old brain cells ticking at no cost apart from your free time.

Well, I'm going to make myself some lunch ( I am moving towards much less meat so falafels today) and then go to work for a fun-filled (probably not) afternoon.

I'm going to try to make an effort to come back to you more often so see you around.

Suzanne xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment