Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Hello out there,

Welcome to my blog. I'm hoping that blogging will provide me with a bit of encouragement in keeping to the task in hand for me this year which is, as you'll notice from my subtitle, to survive and even prosper without an alcoholic drink.

I've been noticing that I'm feeling increasingly grim when I drink alcohol and that its a lot harder to get going in the morning with a hangover these days than it was in my twenties when I used to go clubbing midweek and then to pubs and clubs at the weekends too...God knows how I had the money never mind the physical ability!

So, call it the onset of old age or just wisdom finally taking hold but I've decided that enough is enough. I'm crap at refusing the offer of a drink so it'll be interesting to see how things go. I'm hoping that an increase in energy, better skin, the loss of a few pounds and extra cash in my pocket are all going to get me through the year.

The government's new ad on TV about the dangers of excess alcohol have a few people thinking along the same lines as me, I suspect. It certainly hit home with me. I don't drink alcohol every day or even every other day but I do feel that when I do indulge, I have trouble deciding when to stop. So, there we have it - its public now -I'm quitting for a year and who knows, I might get to like it and carry on.

One thing I'd like to do though, in the coming months, is find alternative drinks for at home and when I'm out in a restaurant or pub. I'm looking for stuff that isn't sugary or laced with caffeine and isn't just plain water - I drink enough of that all day long! I'm hoping for some followers and if you turn out to be one of them, please let me have your suggestions for my "mocktail hour" drinks.

So I hope you'll stick with me and follow my progress, maybe you'll make a few suggestions for me for non-alcoholic drinks or tips for success.

See you soon,

Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indra, had a tough week and just trying to get into the swing of blogging. Enjoying it though! xx

      Delete