Okay now I'm ready! My first week got off to a great start and I was feeling good. However, then the weekend came around and I was feeling a bit fed-up so I had a couple of drinks.....very bad!
A busy and productive day on Sunday with lots done in the garden and even a trip to register at Makro and to buy unfeasibly large quantities of detergents and fabrice conditioner. Oh, the joys of a high-roller's life! All was destroyed in the evening with a call from my parents which went horribly wrong and resulted in us no longer being on speaking terms. Sad, but a long time coming and in some ways a relief. I was finally able to say what I really feel about the way they treat me and my husband BUT I turned to alcohol to take the sting out of the situation and guess what, I FELT EVEN WORSE! Quelle surprise!
So, family drama apart, I feel that my resolve is growing and I accept that although there may be small slips along the way, I am generally sticking to my self-imposed rules. I also accept that as a conniving little monkey, I might try to change my own rules to suit me! Bad!
Wish me luck for this week, I'm definitely going to need it!
yours soberly,
Suz x
No comments:
Post a Comment